Saturday, March 17, 2012

books

Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman - All the rave reviews are true.

The Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino - Mildly entertaining as a story. I didn't think the philosophical themes came across very well in the context; too contrived.

Launching the Innovation Renaissance by Alex Tabarrok - Excellent all the way through, and not overwrought, as the topic might tempt. You should read this (yes you.) I like the kindle mini-book thing.

How Much Government Is Good Government - (another kindle mini-book, because two of them are about equal to one real book, and I like lists of three :) a debate between Paul Ryan and David Brooks on the scope and purpose of government. They aren't too far apart from each other or from me so of course I enjoyed it, although I wouldn't call it a "debate".

No comments: