Wednesday, May 9, 2012

gay rights

This is a nice informative infographic of gay rights state by state.

- Oklahoma is at least beating out Utah, Mississippi, and Michigan. I'm surprised by the latter (maybe because Oklahoma is so terrible with women's reproductive rights and I conflate them in my mind.)

- "Hate crime legislation" shouldn't be lumped together with "gay rights" (regardless of your opinion of hate crime legislation generally; I have mixed feelings.) But it at least signals good intentions. (...like all sorts of other well-intentioned but destructive government policy...)

- Living in Oakland+ sure gives you a skewed impression of the American public. Not even California as a whole is anywhere close to as liberal on the subject as the Bay Area. They've certainly succeeded in forming a bubble; I'm not sure how good of a thing that is.

No comments: