Thursday, November 27, 2014

learn social preferences from Taylor Swift

Yeah so I love Taylor Swift... and not just because her lyrics are great for learning about social preferences!

Social image:
Don't look at me,
You've got a girl at home,
And everybody knows that,
Everybody knows that.
 Pure altruism:
I don't even know her,
But I feel a responsibility,
To do what's upstanding and right,
Social norms:
It's kinda like a code, yeah,
And you've been getting closer and closer,
And crossing so many lines.
Guilt-aversion:
And it would be a fine proposition,
If I was a stupid girl,
Self-image:
But honey I am no-one's exception,
This I have previously learned.
Empathy or indirect reciprocity:
And yeah I might go with it,
If I hadn't once been just like her.
And a bonus lesson on commitment devices!
Call a cab,
Lose my number,
You're about to lose your girl,
Call a cab,
Lose my number,
Let's consider this lesson learned.

1 comment:

Larry Signor said...

I was once a big Joni Mitchell fan, but now see her as the antithesis of generosity. She has seriously misjudged Taylor Swift and her egalitarian point of view. We, the children of the sixties and seventies, were extremely selfish, and some still are.