Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Behavioral Economics get the Nobel

Many congratulations to Thaler!

This is a prize recognizing behavioral economics as a field, and there are of course many other deserving pioneers (a couple of whom have already won prizes for slightly different things). No matter whose name is singled out, I'm happy the field as a whole is being recognized.

I won't add more commentary now; the blogosphere has it thoroughly covered. Maybe another time I'll write about why I simultaneously love and hate nudges. (Hint: It's for approximately the opposite reason George Loewenstein does.)

1 comment:

JohnRaymond said...

As I understand your field, WE NEED MORE OF IT! -if it's going to help us understand and get a grip on irrational market forces i.e. people playing with markets.